NTLK Beaming between Newton & Palm.

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 17:11:37 EST

Ok, I saw the posting of the press release about BackTalk, so I bought it.

I have just one thing to say...

It works.

To elaborate on that, I grabbed a coworkers Palm V and did the following:
    Send a Name Card from Newt to Palm.
    Send an Address from Palm to Newt.
    Send a Note from Newt to Palm.

I didn't try to send a note to the newt, but is seemed like it would work.

Some things I couldn't do.
    Receive a beam from the palm automatically. Had to go to the In Box and
receive it.
    Beam My Card - And when I tried to beam it as a normal beam it only
wanted to send it as a memo.

In general, WOO HOO is my main comment. This newfound compatibility makes
what was already the best PDA around 100 times more useful, considering how
many Palms are out there.

The url for Smart Dog is...

http://www.smartdogsw.com/index.shtml

That's all.