Re: NTLK pkg

From: John I. Clark (jiclark@independence.net)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 13:16:17 EST

I've been meaning to write about this for awhile, and this latest
episode of pkg 'corruption' spurred me to get off my you-know-what...

Mac users (like myself) have a very nice option for dealing with the
problem. At least users of OS 8.x do... It's called FinderPop. It's a
contextual menu enhancement (and it's freeware!). The upshot is, the
latest version includes the ability to Ctrl-click on a file and then
select 'set file type' form the resulting menu. By aliasing a known
'good' pkg into the 'Set File Type' folder, you can correctly set the
file type and creator code so that the pkg can be installed on your
Newt! It works seamlessly for just about any file-type problem you might
have. I think you can find it at <http://www.finderpop.com>

The usual disclaimers apply: no affiliation, just a very happy user!

Have fun!
John

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com