NTLK RE: SimpleMail 4.X Problem

From: Stacey Tenen (sysop@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 07:26:42 EST

>Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:23:00 +00
>From: Adrian Carter <adi@cix.co.uk>
>To: "newtontalk@planetnewton.com" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: Ntlk Simplemail Problem
>
>I've just downloaded the latest version of Simplemail and appear to be
>having difficulties.
>
>It worked fine for awhile, however now its started connecting to my
>mailbox and simply going no further. Eventually however it does disconnect
>without downloading anything.
>
>I know mail is waiting to be collected because Eudora seems to handle it
>O.K
>
>I deleted the old version of Simplemail. Has anyone else had problems?
>
>Cheers
>
>Adi

Hello Adi -

I had the same problem with SimpleMail 4.X - go to the Simplemail
prefs under the 'i'. Notice that the prefs interface has changed? Tap
the basic button on the right, and tap the filter button. In the
first field, select 'all items' and then limit it to a reasonable
number.

This'll get your mail downloaded - but it is a problem that Simon
needs to address.

Later,

Stacey Tenen
Sysop of the Newted Community