Re: NTLK IR printing to HP laserjet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 14:33:11 EST

Richard Harbottle wrote:

> Hi all,
> we just got a HP laserjet in the lab which supports IR printing.
> So, two things: is it possible to print to this with my 120 v2 and
> does anybody know where I can get the gadget which will allow me to
> do this?

The 'gadget' is called a "PrintPack". It lets you print to a variety of
parallel printer. It comes as a software and as a hardware. The software
is a collection of "drivers" that will let you talk to the most popular
PeeCee printers. The hardware part is a serial-to-parallel converter.
MessagePads have only a serial port. This thing will convert the serial
information into parallel so that you can physically connect to the
printer and use it.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com