NTLK Re: USB Adapter Choices

From: Adam C. McAlmont (mcalmont@mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 10:48:20 EST

Hello--
On the iMac (with OS 8.6) I use the Keyspan serial adapter--however to
connect to the Newton (120 with OS 2.0) I must restart the iMac with the
Newton actually connected. Be sure to have Appletalk off (connect via
serial) before restarting and have the USB adapter chosen in NCU
preferences.

Adam mcalmont@mac.com

----------
>From: newtontalk@planetnewton.com (NewtonTalk)
>To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: newtontalk V1 #229
>Date: Sat, Jan 29, 2000, 12:12 AM
>

> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:22:01 EST
> From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
> To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
> Subject: USB Adapter Choices
>
> OK folks...
>
> I have had a new spanking I mac and I am planning on purchasing a usb=20
> adapter. I live in a place where I have seen several brands available.
> Which brand does everyone use with Newton and NCU and what are the pro's and=
> =20
> con's?
>
> Keep the Green=99
> Rich
> This Old Newt
> http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
> The Online Newton Monthly,=20
> Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Larges=
> t=20
> set of active Newton links!=20

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com