NTLK Card vs Backup memory differences

From: JForsterMD@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 20:06:05 EST

I have a 20 meg card in a upgraded MP2000 that I have been using regularly and backing up periodically. Usually the amount of memory the back-up takes on my Mac is about what the card holds, by looking at the card memory info. On Sunday, as I was reading my mail, which I download into the in/out box using Aloha, in the OR as the liver transplant was being readied by anesthesia, I finished the last of the Newtontalk items that I downloaded on Jan 12th, (I am way behind), and deleted it, only to get a -48022 error. I was disappointed, closed the window and found that all of the downloads since the 12th, about 8 of them, some holding 150 messages, were no longer visible. And whenever I tried to delete that last message, I got the same error. I thought to myself that I had better back-up. During the SuperBowl my MP was backed up a home without a hitch, but now the card backup reads 20.2 megs, not the 16290K that is supposed to be in it. I have not backed-up at work and again I get!
 20.2 megs in a card that the Newton tells me has only 16.3 megs.
Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks jforstermd

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com