Re:NTLK Photo of dirty stylus tip..? Replacement tip?

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 12:32:06 CDT

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 Peter Cross wrote:

-----------
>I have tried very very fine sanding paper (2400 grit) and it is not
>smooth enough. I believe that the surface has to be burnished, this give
>is a hard glossy finish. If someone has an idea let me know because I
>have toasted two now. BTW any replacement tips for the origonal stylus
>around ?
>
>Peter
Here is a really useful tip I discovered by chance. I dropped my stylus and no Sandpaper could do the job, especially the cross tip. Any sandpaper no matter how fine caused if to shred to a frayed tip. I then tried my secretary's emery board which happened to be on her table and eureka, I found the solution.

 I have restored and even shaped stylus tip (plastic, cross or pda panache) using a nail buffer/polisher. They come in a strip with 4 grades of emery board. Start with the coarse board to shape and work your way to the finest grade to polish off. Really easy.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!