Re: NTLK QUESTION - does the OMP recharge batteries

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 01:09:01 CDT

On 4/27/2000 6:24 AM, Oxtoby-David.rcpdmail
[mailto:David.Oxtoby@recipe-dish.co.uk] wrote:

>I've read in numerous places about the Newton being able to recharge
>batteries
>itself, does this also apply the OMP or only from the 110 onwards, and if
>the
>OMP can then do you need to buy a special battery carrier or is there a
>fudge to
>modify the current one. I did notice a small blue switch in the battery
>compartment, but not sure if this means much.
>
>Any help or pointers much appreciated

OMP's and MP100's will charge rechargeables. I think this is discussed
in the Newton FAQ at http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

Basically you need to insert a little bit of thin cardboard between the
AAA carrier with the rechargeables in it and the switch so the Newton
thinks you've got an old Apple rechargeable pack in there instead of the
AAA Alkaline pack.

>The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature
>and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended
>addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is
>prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than
>the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to
>waive the privilege or confidentiality.
>
>Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free from
>any virus, or other defect which might affect any system into which
>they are received or opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
>to ensure that they are virus free and to check that they will not
>adversely affect its systems and data. No responsibility is accepted
>by Northern Foods PLC for any loss or damage arising in any way from
>their receipt, opening or use.

Boy and people thing MY signature is long!

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!