Re: NTLK Question : What is the Power Drain of a Modem Card ?

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 10:44:06 CDT

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 Peter Cross wrote:

-----------
>have a question that may have been asked before, I checked the faq's
>and came up blank. How much of a power drain is it to leave a modem card
>installed on my MP2000? The modem is a Megahertz 28.8 cruise card. I
>also have a Megahertz 14.4. I was thinking of leaving it in the new to to
>check my email throughout the day. I just hate working the connections on
>the newton too much, I want to save wear and tear.
>
>Peter
I can't give it to you in figures but in my experience negligible. It's when you're using modems in battery mode that you should worry about. In any case, Megahertz cruisecards have a low power sleep mode when not in use.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!