RE: NTLK Life without a desktop

From: Adrian Carter (adi@cix.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 12:03:06 CDT

Hi,

That's an experiment I've already tried, the last few weeks have seen me
with everything I own in storage. I'm In the process of moving house.
I've relied on my 2100 with keyboard and Psion Gold 56K modem for
everything so far, Works has been handling my University assignments and
for final tldying up I have been porting stuff to my PC at work and using
MS Word.
I've been pulling faxes in as well as handling my email duties through
SimpleMail.

During the evenings when the machine is idle, I have the Web Serving
Software active. All in all the Newt for me personally has done a good job
of replicating to some degree the workload of my Macintosh at home.

Obviously there are limitations to using a PDA for the work of a desktop in
terms of colour, graphics and sound. However considering what the Newton is
it does extremely well.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!