NTLK Re: NTLK. Replacement tip?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 12:53:51 CDT

* "Stephen Beesley" <sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au> on Mon, 01 May 2000
| I remember reading somewhere, probably on this list In fact, that at
| least one person had success replacing a Stylus tip with a blob of
| glue. I think that they used some type of Superglue, but it might have
| been an epoxy type of glue.

Superglue (cyanoacrylate) is too brittle. It cracks easilly and that
leaves rough edges and that means scratches.

Some forms of epoxy, like Bondo, would be good. Both hard and durable, and
it can be sanded very smooth.

If you prefer a softer tip, hot-melt glue might work, but they tend to be
very soft, possibly too soft to use.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core,
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ which, if exposed due to rupture, should

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!