RE: NTLK Newton sightings???

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:50:02 CDT

>>talk to the guy at the next table that was using a Newton 1x0. This was
>>the
>first Newton other than my own that I've seen

Well, I don't think you have to be a in some other country for that to
happen. After you mentioned it and i thought aobut this. Other than the
people I have hooked up with a Newton (9 people other than myself), I have
NEVER seen another Newton in my metropolitan area (450k+), nor any of my
travels to many places with large gatherings of business professionals, like
conferences to places such as San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, San Fransico,
Atlanta, St Louis, Salt Lake City, Kansas City, not to mention the countless
airports.

In fact, other than the diluge of laptops on airplanes, I have seen less
than a handlful of PDAs period. And for some reason, I seem to be the only
person on an airplane actually work on their electronic device. Last month
coming back from Utah on the plane, I saw more electronic devices than I
have in the past several years. I actually saw a couple of palms. But of all
the PCs and PDAs, my Newton and one of ther laptop user were the only one
working. The rest were playing games, or listening to music with their
CDRom, or soemthing stupid!

I wonder why this is. Where are all these Newton and other PDA users. Maybe
it is becuse I am usually traveling with people from Texas or going to
Texas. My Newt is always with me, under my arm, ready to go, grocery store,
moview store, resturant, etc. It must be cool to live in New York where
people actually try to be productive while doing other tasks. Down here in
Texas every body just seems to just play around.

Sorry for rambling...I just thought it strange that I have never seen
another Newton "out there". :)

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!