Re: NTLK Driver for Megahertz XJAEM3336

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 17:11:51 CDT

You know? I've got that exact card, as well as an
EtherLink III lan/modem...and I was never able to get
either of them to work...I also seem to remember
reading somewhere that NIE will not work with
combination cards (ie, modem/lan cards)
I just broke down and got one of those d-link cards
from EggHead...everyone here says that they work and
$38 ain't too much to spend...
Also, I'm not sure that you'll have too much luck with
a 130...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Joe Sonne <joe@gbgraphics.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm searching for drivers to use an Ethernet/Modem
> card (US Robotics
> Megahertz XJAEM3336) on a Newton 130. Can anyone
> point me in the right
> direction to find a driver for this card? I've
> looked in a lot of places
> unsuccessfully. Would other Megahertz drivers work
> OK?
>
> Can I expect to be able to use AppleTalk through
> ethernet on the
> card? I want to be able to use the Newton with the
> Connection Kit on my USB
> based G3 PowerBook.
>
> Am I out to lunch here?
>
> Joe Sonne

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!