Re: NTLK D-Link 660

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 00:16:50 CDT

OK! I'm almost there...
I got the card from EggHead (I love those 2 day ground
shipping), loaded the atlan drivers, they recognize my
card, put the Newt on my home network and configured a
generic network connection using a manual IP. I run a
dialup proxy that is setup for manual IPs. I set up
the Proxy IP, (my proxy server is 10.0.0.1) set up my
Newton's IP (10.0.0.5) setup the SubNet mask
(255.255.255.0) and enter my Domain (tek-ed).
I then fire up NetHopper and put in a known URL, and
it comes back and says that I need to enter in a
primary DNS...well, I don't have one, but I do know
that UUNet has several, and my domain tek-ed.com
resides on one of their name servers, so I enter that
in as the primary DNS. (198.6.1.83) try the URL again
and same thing...

Anybody have a hint for me?
Thanks
Ed
web/gadget network guru in training...

--- "mi(c)i" <mici@mac.com> wrote:
> Ed Kummel wrote:
>
> > So,
> > I went to EggHead and ordered one of these
> beasts...I
> > remember reading here that this ethernet card
> works
> > with the ATLAN drivers...
> > Are these drivers installed with the NIE2.0 stuff,
> or
> > do I gotta get them seperatly?
>
> Atlan is driver for various ethernet cards developed
> by Hiroshi Noguchi.
> You'll find it at
> http://homepage1.nifty.com/driver/eng/newte.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Vacik
> mici@mac.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!