NTLK RE: Where's NewtonTalk??

From: Laura (laurap@ideacast.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 14:00:17 CDT

Hi Listers!

I'm not certain that the digest went out, I'll look into that...
I don't think the following is related to the digest issue but it may be:

Because of that ILOVEYOU virus, a whole lot of people got unsubbed from our
list against their will for a few reasons:

1. The NewtonTalk mail server attempted to send list mail to a recipient
whose email server had been flooded by the virus, or whose mail server was
down in an attempt to stem the tide and clean up virus related problems. A
whole LOT of email servers went down early yesterday morning.

2. The NewtonTalk list itself received a few hundred copies of the virus, so
we had to shut down the list temporarily. It may be that many posts got
deleted, missed or weren't sent.

If anyone has received a digest recently please let me know! <G>

I'll let everyone know what I find out...

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!