Re: NTLK Ethernet setup?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 22:31:04 CDT

On 5/11/2000 8:09 AM, James Charney
[mailto:James_Charney@FirstClass.choate.edu] wrote:

>Hi-
>I just purchased a Farallon Ethernet card and it is ready to work on my
>MP2100. I'm having trouble getting it to connect with my Mac 578
>Performa, however. This is, I think, a problem with my being a newbie
>with Ethernet on the Mac. So the question is more a Mac-Ethernet question-

Do you have an Ethernet hub? If not, you need one. Some folks have
been able to use an adapter with an Ethernet crossover cable to get by
without one....but I never could. Save yourself a lot of trouble, buy a
little 5 port Ethernet 10-Base-T hub and plug your Mac and Newton into
it. Saves a lot of hassle.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/