Re: NTLK Smackdown! (emate vs. 2x00)

From: kevin webb (webb3201@airmail.net)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 09:49:15 CDT

Andy

I owned both a 2100 and an Emate concurrently and here are my two cents:
note: This was an Emate with the memory upgrade

Emate Pros:

I loved the Emate and thought it was a work of art. The screen was bright
and easy to read (better than the 2100). The keyboard was great, very
responsive and easy to use. Much smoother than the 2100s. Dongle not
needed as the machine has both the interconnect port and the good old serial
port. Good battery life

Emate cons:

One PCMCIA slot.....when I used my ethernet card or modem, I had to remove
my memory card. Larger than the 2100. Slower than the 2100 (between a 130
and a 2100).

2100 Pros:
Two slots allowed memory and modem cards. Smaller than emate.
Faster....one of the fasted pdas even today.

I loved both machines....but in the end, I decided that the 2100 was better
for me. I liked the speed and abilities. If I need to use a keyboard, I
can use one, if not, I can remove. This gave me more flexibility than my
emate.

hope this helps. Kevin