Re: NTLK Newt 1x0 Keyboard QUESTION - can we use new folding palm keyboard?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 01:04:06 CDT

On 5/20/2000 2:39 AM, arthur battram [mailto:apb@cityplex.demon.co.uk]
wrote:

>hi
>
>David asked about keyboards -has anyone checked out the new folding keyboard
>for palms?
>
>any idea whether it could be adapted to work with a newt?
>
>the connector is different, but if a socket as used on palm could be found,
>a lead could be made up leading to a din8 plug, to go to newt's
>interconnector block dongley thing?
>
>any ideas, hardware newt dudes?
>
>best wishes
>apb

Well, people have adapted the Newton keyboard to work on Palms, so I
suppose it's possible. It'd be too cool. I've got one of the fold-up
Palm keyboards, and it's an amazing little gadget. Hardware origami!

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/