NTLK 2100 Wont turn on

From: steve.flasby@ubs.com
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 01:33:40 CDT

So it finally happened to me.
My 2100 got wet and despite careful drying out it won't turn back on.

I have tried all the things recommened in the FAQ - batteries out
for 2 days, etc etc. What I find odd is that the back light flashes
at me. Flash, Flash, Pause. and then it repeats.

This feels to me like something in the self test has failed and the
beast has decided that it can onyl communicate using the back light.

Anyone ever seen something like this before?

Thanks - Steve Flasby