Re: NTLK Re: WordNewt

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 00:55:06 CDT

On Mon, 22 May 2000 Thomas Hesser wrote:

-----------
>I was following the thread on WordNewt...what does it do? Couldn't find
>a description.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom Hesser
Tom,

WordNewt is a lexical database for English language. It's a dictionary in essence and will provide alternative spelling if word is not found. If you have SpeakText installed, it can also pronounce the word. You can also post to Notes any result found. I included a Sample by typing the letter "a".

Noun.
 - a type_A group_A • the blood group whose red cells carry the a antigen
 - angstrom angstrom unit • a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
 - vitamin_A antiophthalmic factor axerophthol • any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
 - ampere amp • the basic unit of electric current adopted under the system international d'Unites; "a typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps"

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0