Re: NTLK Diet Log

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 11:00:23 CDT

Dan Barber wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the program Diet Log? Is it
> any good? Where can I get it? Any info is apprecaited. Thanks!

I'm currently using this package. I would have to dig to find any info as to what is the company name and their website. I think that if you do a search on the net with "DietLog", you
should find it. IIRC, that's how I found them.

The program works mostly fine on my 2100. It is showing its age, and doesn't adapt perfectly to the larger screens. There are a few oddities here and there as they didn't follow the
Newton user interface convention very well. Since the beginning of the year, I've noticed that if I access my personal info, it doesn't remember my birthday very well, since it keeps
only the 2 last digits of the year and substitute the current year for the first 2 digits. So, as a result, it thinks I was (or will?) born on 2061! Everytime I need to access my info,
I need to make sure I erase my birth year and write it using the 4 digits.

However, that's the only program in its category. It's very good and very complete. They provide a good food database, but I find myself often entering new foods. It's obvious that it
hasn't been updated in years...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com