Re: NTLK Re: 2100 to G4

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 14:18:02 CDT

On 5/23/2000 2:45 AM, Robert Benschop
[mailto:robertbenschop@bigfoot.com] wrote:

>on 23-05-2000 6:28, Bill Davis at newton@ecity.net wrote:
>
>> I dislike the digest form of getting NewtonTalk (and other mailing lists)
>> because I find getting individual messages easier to wade through and
>> remove messages I am not interested it (actually, I don't do that very
>> often, but sometimes) and to sort message threads all together by sorting
>> by subject.
>
>My thoughts exactly, did subscribe to the digest once while I was away,
>ended up just trashing them, how to read a thread in a digest was beyond me.

I actually get it both ways. Individual messages to read, digests for
more compact archival/search purpose (I store them on Info-Newt's FTP
site,too...which reminds me; I need to add the last month or two's
digests to the site....after renumbering them because every time Planet
Newton has a problem with this list the digest seems to reset to V1
#1.....it's about the 3rd or 4th time now. Argh!)

But to each his own. Choice is good.

>> My email program is is even smart enough to recognize that
>> the original message and messages with the same subject plus "RE" on the
>> front are related and sort them together.
>
>Makes me curious which email app you're using.

Claris Emailer 2.0v3 on the MacOS. Although I think many email apps can
do the above. Dunno if any Newton ones can cause I get too much mail
(even without NewtonTalk) for me to want to read it all on my Newton. I
could, but I like to archive a lot of messages, and that's not a Newton's
(or any PDA's) strong suit....until someone comes out with cheap 14GB
memory cards! ;-)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/