NTLK Re: 2100 Won't turn on

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 18:44:35 CDT

>Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:33:40 +0200
>From: steve.flasby@ubs.com
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>Subject: 2100 Wont turn on
>
>So it finally happened to me.
>My 2100 got wet and despite careful drying out it won't turn back on.
>
>I have tried all the things recommened in the FAQ - batteries out
>for 2 days, etc etc. What I find odd is that the back light flashes
>at me. Flash, Flash, Pause. and then it repeats.
>
>This feels to me like something in the self test has failed and the
>beast has decided that it can onyl communicate using the back light.
>
>Anyone ever seen something like this before?
>

>Thanks - Steve Flasby

Just some thoughts. Have you tried to turn it on using either fresh
alkaline batteries or using the charger? Sometimes the rechargables go
bad and won't work at all (they may have shorted out during their "bath").

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.net> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!