Re: NTLK NuShields Explained

From: Andrew Sorensen (ajstudio@alaska.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 20:11:39 CDT

> >I really like the NuShield - very satisfied user though I, like many,
>>wish it were just a bit longer. Have the problem of dust getting
> >underneath because it is just a tad short.
>

>Ok, here's the story from the source.
>
>Andrew- If you are seeing gaps on your screen, that is because the film
>is not properly installed. NuShields are slightly longer than the screen
>(0.5 mm on each end) so that with careful positioning, it will cover the
>entire screen with no gaps. We could make them longer, but that would
>make it much harder for a newbie to install. BTW, you should first clean
>your screen before readjusting your NuShield since you mentioned that
>dirt had collected in the gap.

Well, I beg to differ with you, even if you are the 'source' :o) I
actually believe they would be much easier to install if they were a
tad longer. I've wrestled with installation for quite sometime,
trying to eliminate the minuscule, but annoying gap. If they were a
wee bit longer, the gap would be easier to get rid of. As for
cleanliness - yep, I clean the screen before installation - use Klear
Screen - a fabulous product that I highly recommend. I use it on all
my optics. And I also use an antistatic cloth on the screen, which
seems to help eliminate the dust-underneath-the-Nushield problem.
The dust that gets underneath the Nushield enters in through the gap
between the screen edge and the Nushield. It is the gap that is the
problem, and, like it or not, if the Nushield were just a tad longer,
it would eliminate the problem.

Best Regards,

Andrew
ajstudio@alaska.com