Re: NTLK Reply mail

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 01:19:09 CDT

On 5/25/2000 4:46 PM, David Golden [mailto:davgol@ticon.net] wrote:

>Hello all -
>
>Why is it that when I hit reply to respond to posts on this list, my
>message either never shows up, or shows up days after it was sent? Is
>this a sever or a browser problem?
>Thanks.
>
>Dave

Sounds like a problem on your end or your ISP's end, as messages I post
to Info-Newt show up very rapidly (within minutes or hours)

Check the clock on your machine? Maybe it's set wrong and your email
program won't show mail that's dated in the future. I've seen some email
programs do some very date-related things with messages and a wrong clock
on the email client or server machine could really bollix things up.

  - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/