Re: NTLK NuShields Explained

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 20:51:27 CDT

--------------------------

>Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:30:09 -0700
>From: "Karen M. Lee" <klee6150@home.com>
>Subject: Re: NTLK NuShields Explained
>
>Hi,
>
>I ordered NuShields several months ago and I discovered the following with
>the ones I received:
>
>1. They were plenty big enough - in fact I was somewhat annoyed that I had
>to trim them a bit to get them to fit.
>
>2. Consequently, there are no gaps between the NuShield and the Newt.

Well, here you see the crux of the problem. If we do decide to change
the size of NuShields, that is not as big an issue as it once was. The
last time I remanufactured my mallet die it cost $300. I now use an
outside precision die and laser cutting shop that uses much less
expensive dies, only about $80. Cost is no big issue here but customer
acceptance is. I guess I can take a poll of users to see where we stand.
If we did make them larger, I'd add only another 0.5mm to each end to
bring the overlap to 1.0mm on each side, top and bottom. As for clearer
film, that remains to be seen. The film must be no thicker than 5 mil
that it is now (thinner would work too, but that seems to be a minimum
for these specialized films). Different polymers that are totally
amorphous are available, but the must have the abrasion resistance and
stiffness to work properly. As I've mentioned before, were checking
these issues out right now.

The Folks at NuShield

NuShields, your best defense against screen scratches and abrasion.
Get them at: http://www.NuShield.net