NTLK WHERE

From: Brian Cambourne (bcambrn@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 21:53:46 CDT

I've been a Newton lover for years now and had excellent service from my
upgraded 2100.
Recently two things happened which are causing me some angst:
1. I purchased a new Mac G3 tower model for my desk.
2. My old ( but well loved) Powerbook 3400 's hard disk died.

This means I have to load Newton Connection Utilities on to both machines.
The original set of three installation floppy disks won't do it. There's a
message which comes up which says something about these disks being an
outdated BETA version which need to be upgraded.
 I found the appropriate website and tried to down load the upgrades , but
the G3 I have just wouldn't do it. It kept giving me an error message along
the lines that the "shrinkwrap engine" had failed.

I'm hoping someone outthere can direct me to a place where I can purchase
the upgraded version of the NCU, preferably on a CD. Do you know if Apple
ever produced the upgraded version on CD? Are you aware of any store or
outlet where I might be able to purchase a copy?
 Sincerely,
Brian Cambourne

Brian Cambourne
Faculty of Education
 University of Wollongong
Northfields Rd WOLLONGONG
NSW AUSTRALIA 2522
Phone: 0242-214197
Fax: 0242214657
Email: brian_cambourne@uow.edu.au
For International calls dial 61 and delete the first 0
(e.g 61--242-213973)