Re: NTLK How - Find out if a note is in a NBU backup

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 04:51:10 CDT

"Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT" wrote:
> Other than restoring each of them in a backward order until
> the note I need is there again, is there a way to find out
> if there is a particular note in a NBU backup file or is it
> possible to do a text search in a NBU file with some tool?
I've once opened a NCU file with BBedit and looked a little bit inside.
You can see the text but if I remeber well, its this 16-bit
representation. So the words are displayed with spaces or other chars
between the normal letters. May be you can put all backup files into one
folder, index that particular folder and finally search for some words
you remebering.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand