Re: NTLK Revelar Connection Utilities...

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 10:19:06 CDT

On Tue, May 30 2000 Loren Finkelstein wrote:

-----
I originally bought RCU because when I got my first Newton (MP130) for some
reason I couldn't import my data to it. I don't remember why not, though.
I can't imagine it didn't come with NCU. Maybe the NCU shipping at the time
was not as good as the current version.

I used RCU for a while, and it was fine. I don't remember why I stopped.
Maybe because the new NCU came out and did everything I needed...Better.
-----

My memory is coming back as well...

I don't think RCU could do any kind of syncing. It wasn't a standalone PIM. It did have a nice interface for viewing, entering, and exporting Newton data though. It also had a screens hot feature and could be extended by 3rd parties to support other kinds of data. It also used its own connection package which was a bit large (100K).

On an unrelated note, I think I'm going to have to steal the image on Revelar's homepage :)

Victor Rehorst - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca - chuma@chuma.org - vrehorst@newted.dyndns.org
Sent from a Newton Messagepad 2100 with SimpleMail 4.0
http://www.chuma.org