RE: NTLK Spotted - New Newton !!??

From: frederic.pache@belgacom.be
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 02:37:14 CDT

It's a good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Apockotos [mailto:g4@tampabay.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday 31 May 2000 03:29
To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
Subject: Re: NTLK Spotted - New Newton !!??

So why don't we all email leadership@apple.com about it!

At 05:30 PM +0200 05/30/2000, Frédéric Paché wrote about Re: NTLK
Spotted - New Newton !!??:
>As you know Sony will present a new PDA in September. I doubt it will be
>more functional than the MP2K. Maybe the new PDAman will have a MP3 module
>in order to be like a walkman and of course the Newton can't do that but I
>prefer a creditcard MP3 player to do this job.
>What about a color screen? I doubt that Sony can give us this for a good
>price. Look at the Palm IIIc price...
>I have a Palm III and really it's very limited. Graffiti is good for a word
>or so but not for sentences. Recently I tried to use it during a meeting in
>order to jot some drawings: the screen is really a stamp-like one !
>And the Newton can also be used for voice recording. The Palm can't do that
>directly.
>A Pocket PC from Mr Gates ? Windows CE in it's new version is not stable at
>all. And Windows... my job is to fix windows problems in the PC world. At
>home my iMac DV SE with ADSL Net line is my proud and joy.
>So what? So I decided to buy a Newton. I surf the Net during several days
>and I'm convinced this is the Rolls Royce of PDA's. Future will say if I
was
>in a big mistake.
>Nevertheless, killing the Newton was probably the worst decision made by
>Steve Jobs. The Texas administration was going to buy millions of e-mate
for
>the education sector of the country! Also the Australian government was
>going to replace all the PC's from the administration! So don't say that
the
>Newton family was not profitable Mr Jobs !!
>
>le 30/05/2000 16:28, Loren Finkelstein à Loren@Finkelstein.Net a écrit :
>
>> For a long time I felt the same way.
>>
>> However...
>>
>> I won't cut off my nose to spite my face.
>>
>> The only way I would ever buy an Apple PDA again would be if they came
out
>> with something better, for my needs, than anythnig else available.
>>
>> I certainly wouldn't wait for Apple to come out with some imaginary
future
>> PDA. Especially now that they have announced they are not working on
such a
>> product.
>>
>> Loren

Even
>> today the bug has only been "worked around" in a pretty kludgy way and
not
>> solved.
>>>
>>> The only way I would ever buy an Apple PDA again would be if Steve Jobs
>> personally delivered it to me along with an apology for leaving Newton
users
>> with damaged goods.
>>>
>>> - Jeremy
>>> Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | I never take any notice of what common
>> people
>>> San Francisco, CA | say, and I never interfere with what
>> charming
>>> Internet: jbond@netcom.com | people do. If a personality fascinates
me,
>>> Phone: 415-929-0297 | whatever mode of expression that
>> personality
>>> ***************************************
>>> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>>>
>>> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet! All the players, all
>> the news, and the hottest analysis and features (plus 'toons!)
anywhere....
>> visit http://www.evote.com today!

>>> Visit the NewtonTalk section at http://www.planetnewton.com
>>>

>> ***************************************
>> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>>
>> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet! All the players, all
the
>> news, and the hottest analysis and features (plus 'toons!)
>>anywhere.... visit
>> http://www.evote.com today!

>> Visit the NewtonTalk section at http://www.planetnewton.com

>Visit the NewtonTalk section at http://www.planetnewton.com

**** DISCLAIMER ****
"This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property
rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form)
by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your cooperation."