Re: NTLK Ethernet and NIE 1.1

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 08:08:13 CDT

I'm starting to get puzzled by now.
Yes you can use ethernet without the main NIE (be it 1.1 or 2.0) package but
I asked eons ago on this list if somebody with a 2.0 device could try if it
would work.
If I remember right it was Frank Gruendel that tried it on his 130 and it
didn't work so I've been telling a lot of people since that only eMates and
2x00's can do ethernet and now I hear the contrary.
Since I can't try this (alas, I'm not a collector, so my 110 and 120 were
sold a long time ago and my 130 gave up on me 5 years ago and I've been a
happy 2.1 user ever since) can somebody else on the list give us a definite
yes or no on this (I didn't check yet, but if it's yes probably even the FAQ
is wrong)

Robert Benschop