Re: NTLK ANN: Palm PQA for Newton

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:01:15 CDT

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Victor Rehorst wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Note that this isn't any kind of Palm emulation - it's just that PQAs are
> > actually groups of HTML files and images packages together. You will need a
> > web browser on your Newton to use these.
>
> So, I'm not familiar with those PQA, but they look like electronic
> books?

It's basicially HTML forms with some funky Palm-specific tags. They're made
to do just what the name implies: query information (from a CGI interface on
a web page) and return it.

I thought that these would be most useful for people using cell phones as
they could save these pages on their Newtons and then compose their queries
without having to be connected first.

Oh, and I fixed the MapQuest page.

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/