Re: Flame ;-) (was: NTLK FS: Modem + 4MB Flash Card)

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 10:26:05 CDT

Hi fellow newtoneers,

on Thu, 03 Aug 2000, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:
> * "Matthew Robinson" <matthew@crescent.org.uk> on Thu, 03 Aug 2000
> | Sorry, sorry, sorry. I thought I'd clicked the right buttons. I'll go and
> | stand in the corner and think about what I've done.
>
> Just remember, while web browsers make good HTML parsers, humans don't.
> And it is humans, not web browsers, that read mailing lists.

Sadly, the desire to visually influence/augment the text you transmit grows
with nearly every email newbie nowadays, which fuels the inclusion of HTML
rendering capabilities in major email clients more & more. Quite some Windoze
clients have it already, and i wouldn't be surprised if lynx parts got
integrated in, say, pine.
So i concur, but i've seen some writing on a wall...

regards,
-- Wolf