NTLK Historical Context

From: good-dog@northshore.net
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 11:00:03 CDT

....next, Mr. Bright chimed in with this post. I had to read it several
times before fully appreciating it. To really 'get' this one, you must
read Paul's letters carefully to grasp their subtly. The rest is
history. These two towering intellects have created a major controversy
while simultaneously killing a fun thread. It'll be interesting to see
what happens. Already several Newtoneers have voiced their opinion,
keeping the spirit of Oz's comments alive and kicking. These will
certainly be red-letter days in Newton history. The spirit of newton is
the spirit of innovation and adventure. What better way celebrate that spirit?