Re: NTLK flashcard vendors

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 17:57:08 CDT

At 10:19 AM 8/9/00 -0500, James Pelton wrote:
>i'm thinking about buying a new, large flash card. i'm familiar with which
>types work on the newton.
>can anyone recommend vendors who sell the larger flash cards new?

Define "large."

If you have a MP2x00 or an eMate, the 6 MB cards from Paul Braham work very
well and, at $35 USD/card, they're also inexpensive (I bought 5, I think
Woo Lee purchased 35). You can get Paul's mailto: link from
<http://www.info-newt.com/offers.html>; if you opt for this, don't forget
to mention that you saw the offer on Bill's site.

I purchased all of my larger cards (16 and 24 MB) from Tima
<http://www.timasci.com>.

You've probably read up on Paul Guyot's efforts to get an ATA driver going.
If/when released, that will solve a lot of storage problems for many of us.
If you want to see the screen shots on this particular project, try:

<http://www.pnm-consulting.com/images/ATAScreenShots/000628.gif>
<http://www.pnm-consulting.com/images/ATAScreenShots/000707a.gif>
<http://www.pnm-consulting.com/images/ATAScreenShots/000707b.gif>
<http://www.pnm-consulting.com/images/ATAScreenShots/000707c.gif>

I don't have the last message describing his current programming status
handy, but I'm sure you can find it in Victor Rehorst's Newtontalk archive
<http://www.chuma.org/newton/ntalk-archive/>.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com