NTLK Re: Newton Wireless - FINALLY

From: NewtonMP (newtonmp@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 05:51:04 CDT

<<SNIP info about Merlin wireless modem and goAmerica>>

I researched goAmerica a while back when I was trying to find a way to do
wireless Internet in my area (central Illinois). Apparently it isn't
possible to use the merlin in my area since the coverage isn't there.

I seem to remember, though, that goAmerica charged an extra fee (something
pretty hefty like $.10 per kilbyte) for information transferred using
software other than what goAmerica provides. I assumed that this meant that
you couldn't realistically use the Newton or PDAs with them (aside from
WINCE, since they have a client for that). Am I misremembering this, or
does it not apply to using the Newton?

> Note - There was a potential for flash memory card corruption (as
> reported by J Bond). I now do the following, but have had no hint of a
> problem for the past 10 days.

Could someone fill me in on what this corruption might entail?