Re: NTLK Does Farallon PN595a-tp work ...

From: Andrews David (Mr D) (David.Andrews@dti.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 03:55:30 CDT

Thanks for your help. After receiving your message I wrote to 'Dr Farallon'
and their reply stated that (1) they no longer make the PN895 and (2)
the only Newton compatible card they make is the pn595-tp. They said that
I can only obtain this card through them. As I live in the UK, and because
they wont ship outside USA, I'm unable to buy this. I don't know if their
UK distributors are still around as they're not answering my emails.

I think my only option is to try and find something on eBay, etc, or look
for one of the other cards listed on Victor Rehorst's Newton site.

Thanks again. // dave

thwizard wrote ...
> It is my belief that the PN 595a-TP card does not work in the Newton.
> Farallon changed the card designation from PN595 to PN595a-TP and also
> stated that this card still works for the powerbooks, but now it is no
> longer compatible with the Newton. Farallon also states that they have
> discontinued the PN595 card (the one that was emate and Newton
>compatible.)

....snip