Re: NTLK Does Farallon PN595a-tp work ...

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 06:46:28 CDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Robert Benschop wrote:

> >on 11-08-2000 10:55, Andrews David (Mr D) at David.Andrews@dti.gsi.gov.uk
> >wrote:
>
> >I think my only option is to try and find something on eBay, etc, or look
> >for one of the other cards listed on Victor Rehorst's Newton site.
> Dave I think that the cards from Victor's site are sold out, recently they

Actually, I do still have two new, OEM 3Com 3c589Cs. The two people who
were supposed to buy them dropped out. Mail me off-list! if you are
interested. These are probably the last two I have.

> had at Egghead.com DE-660 ethernet cards cheap ($ 38)
> They don't actually call it a DE-660 in the title, so you have to be
> circumspect searching for it. Search for
> "D-Link PCMCIA" and you'll see it. They call it something like "D-LINK NIC
> ETH PCCARD RJ45 BNC PCMCIA NIC
> Don't know if that offer still exists though.

For the record, I own a 3Com and a D-Link and they both work great.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada