Re: NTLK Re: Simple Mail 4.1

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 08:48:58 CDT

>Hello everybody.
>How I can send my notepad sketch in GIF format? Should I have installed GIF
>Newtscape extension?
>Best regards.
>Tom.

You need to install the GIF Format package; then when sending a sketch, in
the mail slip, change te type from default to GIF.

I think there's some 2.1 specific code in the 4.1 release, though- on my
MP130, after numerous tries and install/delete of all prefs/packages, I
have some sound issues and am unable to email a message if I have "text
only" UNchecked (ie, sending the little attachment that drives eyeryone
crazy :).
A high digit (715xxxxxxx) error is generated when the little .nwt
attachment starts to be created.

I've not tried sending a GIF with "text only" checked as that just didn't
make sense to me :) but it might work.

Anyone else with an MP130 able to select a sound to be played when mail
arrives, or able to send a message with "text only" unchecked?

MP130, ~100k heap free, SM 4.1 + text stationery + GIF format installed.

Thanks,

Brian