NTLK Enternet on the Newton

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 08:22:43 CDT

Hello. I was reading over your FAQ, and am really getting frustrated with
this. I have been trying to get my Newton to see the network for soem time
now. Now, to complicate things, I am tyring to get my Newt to see the proxy
server for my DSL connection at home.

The problem seems to that when I put the card in, it is not being recognized
as a Network card. I don't get anything when I put it in while it has been
on. And if I restart, I get some message about it not be recognized.
Actually, I jsut restarted and it did not give me that message. However,
when I did try to connect, it gave me an error -61001.

I am almost certina that I have all of the right items installed. In fact,
at first , I was missing a couple of the item (newton Devices and the other
Ethernet pkg. BTW, I have a 3com 3c58d. I have it's driver and the Farallon
driver as well installed.

Can you think of anything I may be doing wrong to try?

Thanks!

BTW, I cced the list, but if you (or anybody else on the list) can reply to
both me and the list, I would be really grateful!

Thanks!
Drew