Re: NTLK Enternet on the Newton

From: Paul Lim (plim@eisa.net.au)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 12:37:11 CDT

At 03:27 PM 12/08/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>on 12-08-2000 3:22, Drew Loker at lokerd@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > The problem seems to that when I put the card in, it is not being
> recognized
> > as a Network card. I have a 3com 3c58d. I have it's driver and the Farallon
> > driver as well installed.
>
>Don't know anything about this particular card, but with my Farallon card I
>get a message from the driver every time I insert it, is this different for
>different drivers ?

I have a 3c589D rev.C. the driver doesn't pop-up anything when I put it
in... in fact I can insert and remove it at will without the newton doing
anything. (well its' probably doing stuff but no messages come up)

it works fine with the Farallon driver and the z3ComDrv:clli package. I
think all the driver does is allow it as an option in the NIE setup. It
only complains when you try to connect and you ahve a dud or missing card.
YMMV, this is what I've experienced, not sure if this is exactly how it's
sposed to work

paul