Re: NTLK WHERE do I find a working archive download of Claris Organizer 2.1?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 02:00:42 CDT

On 8/12/00 7:02 PM, Matt Blomeley [mailto:mbl@mac.com] wrote:

>The .sit archive at the Newton Cage page just spouts a load of
>gibberish, so is there another site out there? Or is someone with a
>fast connection out there willing to email me a copy of the
>installer??? Any help would be much appreciated and would keep a new
>newton user (i.e. my wife) happy!! Even if it is only an earlier
>version, I did manage to download 'Organizer 2.0v2 Updater' from
>somewhere so I could work with a pre 2.0 version.

Control-click, or Click and hold on the link, and choose "Download link
to disk" or whatever is similar on the browser you are using ("Save link
as", "Save target as", something like that...it varies). On PC's
right-click the link instead. This works if your browser or their server
is not set up to properly identify or recognize the type of file you are
downloading, or isn't dealing with it the way you prefer. It can be a
server problem or a browser problem. This is the way around it.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/