Re: NTLK EL Backlight for Messagepad 130

From: bpearce@cloud9.net
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 16:54:14 CDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) >I have managed to strip my Messagepad 130 right down to the EL backlight because it no
longer works - dangerous but fun - so I am looking for a replacement to put back in.

>Does anyone know where you can get a EL Backlight for a Messagepad 130 (EL -
Electroluminescent) as a spare part or may be a new one made by a manufacturer?

If you check the last two weeks of comp.sys.newton.misc posts, you'll see traffic about what
appears to be inexpensive source for the basic materials (in multiple colors, yet!) in the UK.
But since nobody seems to know how easy disassembling the MessagePad, much less
replacing the backlight, will be, that's as far as it went.

BRIAN/bpearce@cloud9.net