Re: NTLK Newton and Nokia 9000i

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 23:07:02 CDT

Nope...sorry, I tried to hook up a Nokia 9000 to a
Newt several years ago but the IRDA wouldn't talk. I
also couldn't get any of my rigged cables to recognize
the Nokia's modem. I think that the Nokia's modem
isn't a true modem. Not only that, but I don't think
that the output of the modem on the Nokia reached the
threshold current for the Newt to even recognise that
there is a modem there.
On it's own, though, that Nokia is a fun device to
play with!
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Hai Ng <nghai@whatexit.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Just got a Nokia 9000i communicator phone. This
> phone has a build in
> modem which can be accessed through either irDA or
> serial cable.
>
> Anybody used it with a Newton? Any tips and setup
> hints would be
> appreciated.
>
> -
> nghai

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/