Re: NTLK Wireless & Nokia 21x0 phones

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 23:28:43 CDT

The modem that Nokia sold that worked with the Nokia
phones you indicate and worked in the Newt is a
discontinued product. Nokia ceased all support of this
modem over 2 years ago...If you can find one,
great...otherwise you'ld be best served sticking with
your analog phone and an analog modem (the StarTac and
Motorola Cellect modem combination worked REALLY well)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Chris Browder <Chris.Browder@Lroom.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> A friend of mine tipped me off on Powertel prepaid
> wireless (currently using
> Bellsouth analog wirelless). I remember that the
> Nokia 2100 series phone (in
> this case, the 2160) can be used with a special
> modem card on the Newton.
> Does anyone know what modem card(s) and how to set
> this up? I am going to
> bid on the phone reguardless, it is a steal for the
> price and I know woulld
> like a prepaid service that supports CallerID. Any
> comments or suggestions?
> --
> - Chris B.

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/