NTLK NetTime Problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 10:43:05 CDT

I've been using NetTime for some time on my 2100, and after checking the
"Auto-sync" checkbox, I've thought it was doing it's job everytime I was
connecting to the internet.

However, yesterday, I tapped the "Sync Now" button and my Newton clock
was off by more than 10 minutes. I then opened NetTime, and the
"Auto-sync" checkbox wasn't checked. I checked it again, closed NetTime
and re-opened it. Sure enough, the checkbox wasn't checked.

So, anybody can enlighten me about how to set NetTime to automatically
set the clock? I've checked the registry, and there is an entry for
NetTime in the "User Configuration Change" entry, but I'm not sure if
this helps the auto-sync or not.

I also looked at the code, but there were some callbacks that weren't
easy to follow, given the time I have on my hands.

I remember some time ago (about a year, in August 1999) somebody had
some problem with NetTime, and Kenny Song reported that NetTime was
working flawlessly for him. I'd like to hear from him what he did.

Thanks!

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com