NTLK IE on Mac/Win & Newton - idea

From: Chris Browder (Chris.Browder@Lroom.org)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 11:49:08 CDT

I KNOW Windows can do this and I am sure there is a Mac Hack to do it as
well but with Computers with IR ports (Intel boxes here) there is an option
to SPECIFY the COM port the IR port uses - have any Newton using PC laptop
owning users tried making the IR port the port to dock the Newton with then
using the Via IrDA on the MP Dock box to try connecting? This idea would
also be the same on the Mac (Reroute the Modem port to the IR port) if
someone finds a Hack for it (Could work with iMac!)

--
- Chris B.

A supporter of... \\ /, `( Newton Technology \ =

--------> AOL/AIM Name: JB1463 <-------- --------> ICQ#: 50117402 <-------- --------> Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jb1463 <-------- >>>>>>>>>T H I N K D I F F E R E N T <<<<<<<<<