NTLK Best way to connect: MP & Cell phone

From: Chris Browder (Chris.Browder@Lroom.org)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 13:15:04 CDT

Ok, I'm considering (really, not considering - going to) switching to
Powerte service from Bellsouth. Why? Well, Powertel is one of the few that
has clear GSM (I'd go sprint, but... too expensive for me). Now, I'm on the
verge of getting a Nokia 2190 phone from eBay, I was told that this with
some kinda of GSM card and a cable would allow wireless data transmissions -
are there any other phones that do the same (that are the size of or smaller
than the 2190)? I had a StarTAC with Bellsouth, and it was nice, but the GSM
StarTAC just doesn't seem to be as nice as the one I had (Especially with
the full card protruding from the bottom of it). Who out there is using any
service and what modems/phones do you use? At this point I just want
something that works - I really want Powertel for the fact that their
prepaid service supports CallerID and Voicemail (the only reason I am going
with them). Thanks!

--
- Chris B.

A supporter of... \\ /, `( Newton Technology \ =

--------> AOL/AIM Name: JB1463 <-------- --------> ICQ#: 50117402 <-------- --------> Web Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~jb1463 <-------- >>>>>>>>>T H I N K D I F F E R E N T <<<<<<<<<