Re: NTLK The Mistry of Apple Products

From: John Mark Davis (backlot@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 20:15:18 CDT

> I have a Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh. I've had it for about 2 years- I
> got it around the time they dropped the price to $1999 (was originally
> $8500, then $4000).

I still remember the MacWorld or MacUser article the was published prior to
the TAM being released, and it stated that Apple was expecting the price to
be around $10,000! Thank God it was ONLY $8,500!

When I bought my TAM for a measly $1999, I talked with a friend in Austin
who worked in Apple sales. One of her clients was Roger Ebert who ALMOST
bought a TAM, but at the last minute bought a laptop instead.

--
John Mark Davis
backlot@swbell.net