Re: FW: NTLK The Mistry of Apple Products

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 03:42:41 CDT

CM Stimpson wrote:
> There's no "mistry" to what platforms I support. I would never defend my
> toaster so passionately. Neither would I defend my refrigerator, my oven,
> my hot plate, my telephone, my television, or my PC box (if I had one).
> There are boxes with windows. And then, there is the Macintosh.
> The box said "Windows 95 or better" so I bought a Macintosh.
I'm syphatetic with your answer. The MacOS (now 9.04) is not running in
protected mode like WinNT but what's all that protected mode good if
programs crash reliably at the same condition? We MacOS users which have
to use WinNT e.g. at work have to adapt to all that "attention, don't do
...." and "where to the hell is the control panel to disable ..."

Coming back to fridges and toasters: Also there are MS-products and
others, made for the rest of us.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand